You will all agree what great nuisance mosquitoes can be, especially when you are sitting outdoor on a summer evening. In fact, mosquito bites can turn a great evening into a bad nightmare. Often, after they bite, diseases get transferred from one person to another. So, you need to ensure that your evening out does not get spoilt due to this pest and the best way to do this is to make sure that they are not seen in and around your home.
When you adopt a structured approach and a well-defined plan, your house can be free of mosquitoes during the summer. It is also possible to achieve that in a safe manner without any use of poisonous stuff. The right way to start the process is by hiring a good mosquito control service provider who will identify their origin of breeding and then proceed to the space surrounding your house and eventually take care of your house. The breeding population of mosquitoes needs to be controlled.
Many of you must be aware that water is required by the mosquitoes to breed. An adult mosquito lays her eggs in either slow-moving or standing water. Some of these mosquitoes also lay their eggs on the moist ground or wet soil.
Tips for controlling mosquitoes
Here are some of the easy tips to make sure that your property is free from these blood sucking monsters.
- Make sure that if you have a pool, it is always chlorinated. If your pool is in the backyard, just do not let it become a zoo full of blood hungry mosquitoes.
- The gutters around your home should not have any debris.There should not be any puddles around the gutters. The water should get drained freely. When you observe that your drain pipe is not reaching a gutter, you should add a pipe for channeling that water properly.
- Get all such units cleaned at regular intervals that contain water, such as tires, a tub or a pool. Get these holding units cleared and then use clean water for refilling them. Mosquitoes get instantly drawn towards dirty and still water,.
- Monitor the pools in the background on a regular basis
- Your ponds, if any, should be aerated and cleaned so that mosquitoes do not lay their eggs in those ponds. An alternative way of keeping the ponds clean could be by filling them up with fish so that mosquitoes could be kept away and their population can be controlled.